UNIQUELY QUALIFIED TO DEFEND YOU
- Since 2004, has practiced primarily in criminal defense in State and Federal Courts in Iowa.
- Has successfully handled well in excess of a thousand criminal matters ranging from simple drug possession and misdemeanor domestic assault to high profile homicide, kidnapping, and drug offenses involving mandatory life sentences, and maintains the distinction of never having had a client receive a life sentence.
- Licensed in State and Federal District Court in the Northern and Southern Districts of Iowa and the 8th Circuit court of Appeals and Missouri.
- Successfully tried cases in State and Federal court.
- Regularly attends national training seminars to maintain
- 2016 Top Ten in Iowa Criminal Defense for client satisfaction
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM REPRESENTATION
- James provides you with a framework of the case, and believes to craft a defense, you must know how to deconstruct a case. In your initial strategy session, James will provide you with the elements, or facts, the Government must prove and focus on finding holes in their case and provide an initial model for effective representation;
- James handles your problems effectively while answering questions and explaining the process.
- He listens, offers his guidance, and provides you with options and advice, but with the understanding that the final decisions in the case ultimately rest with the client.
- He is dedicated to a good client experience and the best possible outcome.
- James will provide straightforward answers and won’t make empty promises.
- His client centered approach, legal knowledge, and life experience provide results directed strategy which supports a proven track record of success.
TYPES OF CASES HANDLED
- Federal Drug Conspiracy/Distribution/Possession with Intent/Money Laundering
- State Drug Conspiracy/Distribution/Possession with Intent/Drug possession
- Federal and State Firearms violations
- State violent crimes – Murder/Kidnapping/Sexual Abuse/ Robbery/Burglary
- Vehicular Homicide
- Assault/Domestic Assault
- Sex offenses
ASSOCIATIONS AND CONTINUING EDUCATION
- Member: National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Iowa Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
If you have questions and want answers about criminal allegations and want to know your options, contact James to set up a strategy session.